I have no comments about it besides assuring that the company that state all of it does crap in term of Sound. Still, I find that the way in which they think about construction of the walls of their back-loaded horn worth very much attention. Take a look:
(Free-Press-Release.com) June 23, 2009 -- Many commercially available loudspeakers are closed-box enclosures and bass-reflex enclosures. Reasonably-priced backloaded horn speakers are not many because of internal complicated structure. So, many audio nuts made that by oneself. However, Hasehiro Audio achieved a low price. Moreover, they succeeded to eliminate right-angled bend. (i.e., elimination of a hollow-gray sound) You can get yearning exponential backloaded horn speakers at last. Let's be intoxicated by a beautiful curve makes authentic backloaded horn sound.
1. The First Concrete Horn By Mr.Imanari:
- In about 1975, Mr.Imanari (Audio nut and director of invention school) introduced own invention at the floor.
- That's the first concrete backloaded horn speaker. - cubed concrete, 10cm unit and 2.5m long backloaded horn.
- Hasehiro requested the production to Mr.Imanari momentarily.
- After that, he got some orders by mouth-to-mouth advertising.
- But they take up to over 1 year from ordering to reception because he was hung up on new invention.
- As a result, it went of mind of audio nuts by little and little.
- In about 3 years after completion the first concrete backloaded horn speaker, Hasehiro thought - this is so wasteful that it has a tremendous amount of potential and anyone think of nothing to concrete backloaded horn and the making. - Hasehiro told his long-held aspiration to Mr.Imanari and he made a promise the tool passing and initiation of the technical know-how.
- But before that, Mr.Imanari was taken with illness and passed away after several months in a hospital.
- His heart swelled with put that out into the market for answer to the will of Mr.Imanari.
- Hasehiro told the antemortem promise to the bereaved family, and he received some undisposed tools from them.
- Hasehiro made trial model over and over imagining the making process from the tools.
3. Study From Fabric:
- Concrete characteristic vibration harden the tone color.
- So first, Hasehiro was starting to amelioration of concrete fabric.
- He changed black cement to white cement and also he changed aggregate and mixed in particular absorb sound chips.
- As a result, Hasehiro succeeded to remove concrete-specific sound character and could get the fabric know-how.
- In 1990, Hasehiro Audio submitted the model "AX" (discontinued) used 12cm unit to The International Housewares Show.
- After that, Hasehiro Audio submitted the succession model "HoPe-twoBx" (discontinued) used 16cm unit to the exhibition and they receive orders from after too.
5. Challenge To Double-Layered Structure:
- Hasehiro had wondered for a long time making the upper grade model used 20cm unit.
- But it looks about 50kg from specific gravity of concrete.
- So, it is difficult to distribute and had to give up.
- However, one audio nut suggested the double-layered structure of wood and concrete for not only weight saving but also think it should be a natural sound more add to wood sounding.
- Hasehiro had a lot of trouble. - cracks in the concrete when drying etc.
- But Hasehiro could resolve that for technical guidance from Onoda Cement Co., Ltd.
- In 1997, completed the world's first backroad double-layered horn speaker. - WCW-200A (discontinued)
6. Wood with Concrete Horn:
- That's a fusion with Japanese cement technology.
- WCW series is the backloaded horn speakers of double-layered structure. - implant concrete horn directly into wooden enclosure.
- WCW series reproduces unbelievingly clear and realistic sound. - controls resonance by wonderful integration of wood and concrete.
- Concrete horn of high radiation efficiency. - profound low tone and margin of high efficiency.
- That's not mere loudspeakers anymore.
- That's the exact live reappearance equipments.
- WCW series gold titled in eliminate tube amp category of The Vacuum Tube Audio Fair in Akihabara from 1998 to 2000, 2002 and 2003 (From 2004, no elimination races)
That's "Hasehiro Premium"
Minister and CEO
"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche