| Search | Login/Register
   Home » Audio Discussions » World's Finest Sounding Audio Room (17 posts, 1 page)
  Print Thread | 1st Post |  
Page 1 of 1 (17 items) Select Pages: 
   Target    Threads for related reading   Most recent post in related threads   Forum  Replies   Views   Started 
  »  New  Has anyone built the DIY Melquiades amp??..  You did not reply what music you are listening….....  Melquiades Amplifier  Forum     2  23832  08-24-2007
08-22-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Jordi
Posts 5
Joined on 08-23-2007

Post #: 1
Post ID: 5078
Reply to: 5078
World's Finest Sounding Audio Room
I have heard hundreds and hundreds of audio systems and mine is by far the best.  Honestly nothing even comes close.  There is a scientific reason for this. MY system starts with a PERFECTLY tuned room...something overlooked by many audiophiles. Then extends to excellent source equipment mainly a most erotic and analog like Resolution Audio OPUS 21. Then moves on to pure silver everything. IC's and speaker cables. Then we have one of the most powerful, and smooth sounding preamps in the world the Quicksilver Full Function Preamp and Wright WLA 12A Preamp. These power their own brands respectively...the Quicksilver 300B and the Quicksilver NEW SET and the most INCREDIBLE and MOST perfect amps in the world the Quicksilver TRIODE 6C33C. The ONLY amps I have ever heard to make the Quads sound realistic. The Quads really are a pitiful sounding speaker with anything else driving them in my opinion. These amps make them sing like angels. I bought the Quads as a challenge, because, in every high end store I heard them in they were laughable compared to my K-Horns. You cannot believe the specialness of my K-Horns and what it is capable off it just makes other speakers sound like a joke and it doesn't matter what the price of or if its custom or not which my K-Horns are. Beleive me if you came to my house and listened you would know just what I am talking about.

I then decided to hook them up to this wonderful pair of monoblocks and finally the Quads sounded awesome. Any QUAD lover who thinks they have heard what a 988 can do needs to find a pair of these amps. The Wright WLA Preamp powers the unbelievably musical WPA 3.5 2A3 SET and WPA 1.75 SET 45 and the Mono 9 (a non-production special order) Push Pull 45 featuring Sowter Trannies. These 5 pair of amps are totally dedicated to the K-Horns and provide me with a variety of sound that keeps me totally happy depending on what musical mood I may be in. I do not believe in bi-amping or tri-amping or active crossovers. This method is way, way to complicated, with too much to get in the way of the music and would take me away from my KISS (Keep it Simple Stupid) philosophy. Finally what can I say...the finest speaker in the world just got better. The new and wonderful Crites exact replacement crossovers, with the Martinelli Mid -range horn and a almost totally air suspended Beyma tweeter make this speaker the most accurate...powerful and musically erotic speaker in the world bar none and at any price. All combined I have the best sounding audio room in the world and I have heard many many audio systems...Too many to count. Trust me this is in another league. I did not worry about cost but rather real true performance...The equipment I own was not purchased on a shoestring budget or with a sky is the limit budget...It was purchased with ONLY one thing in mind...ACCURACY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08-22-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
drdna
San Francisco, California
Posts 496
Joined on 10-29-2005

Post #: 2
Post ID: 5079
Reply to: 5078
speechless
I kind of do not know what to say to this kind of post on this website, but it is not inflammatory and so I guess I'm all for free speech.  At first I kind of felt sorry for this guy, but then I thought, well, if he is really happy with the music and is enjoying it, good for him.
08-22-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat


Boston, MA
Posts 9,515
Joined on 05-28-2004

Post #: 3
Post ID: 5080
Reply to: 5078
6C33C push-pull and Quads

I never knew that Quicksilver does 6C33C, they never did when I was still monitoring what companies do. Their Triode Amp was, if I remember correctly, a base PP unit with a pair triode strapped 6L6/KT-88 tubes, where people were trying to put-in many alternative tubes. Perhaps they made a 6C33C version, why not?

I have one of my old Lamm ML2 amps sold to a guy who used them with Quads; I think he had a number of Quads vintages. Being a horrible/stupid sales person as I am, I for a long time asking him do not buy my ML2 to drive his Quads. He kept insisting and eventfully got them from me. After I shipped them I was considering change my email, phone number or to immigrate to Paraguay. Eventually he was sending me emails thanking me for the buy and reporting good sound… Go figure…

I never heard Quads that I appreciate. I always thought that Quads are a special club of people who got hooked on Quad’s idiosyncratic front-wave transformation…. Jordi, are you anywhere near US’ East cost?

Rgs, Romy the caT


"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
08-22-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Jordi
Posts 5
Joined on 08-23-2007

Post #: 4
Post ID: 5081
Reply to: 5080
Jordi, are you anywhere near US’ East cost?
Helo Romy the caT!  I see that you post here ALOT but who are you?  Believe me I have been doing this hobby for many many years and have heard hundres and hurddreds of systems and mine is by far the best. The secret is the K-Horns with ALL the mods!!! If you heard it you wouild know what I'm talking about!  I am just across the state line in PA Bethlehem to be exact.  You can check out my exact system and see pictures of my gear here: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?vaslt&1177683857&read&3&4&
08-22-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
malinowski
Posts 19
Joined on 07-22-2007

Post #: 5
Post ID: 5082
Reply to: 5078
ha! ive got you beat hands down.
guitar in my lap. cost me 150 bucks, never plays the same thing twice... and talk about ACCURACY ( the sound, not the playing). about the only thing better than that was when the LA philharmoic used to have free tickets on sundays.. (do they still do this?) or sitting on the perimeter of the hollywood bowl..1987.. 17 smoking pot and getting "service" from your girlfriend during some absurdly unsubtle rendition of something Elgar... "erotic analogue" Ha! or living in a predominantly lutheran city and doing your homework in the balconies of a church for hours listening to organ recitals nobody ever attended. point being.. as neat as the quest for "perfect audio" is.... it seems kind of laughable when you think about where you can find great live experinces with sound, and for what amounts to pennies relatively. vin scully on AM radio right now... i wouldn't trade it for all the "silver cables" in the world. I'm couldn't be more content than right now.. and that perspective only improves the enjoyment factor I have in listening to whatever I am able to afford or manage at the time. One reason I really appreciate this site over others, is that at least half of it is devoted to a discussion about music and performances... as it is to the quest for perfect sound. Anyhow.. not dissing anyone here.. not my intent anyhow.. this thread just served to trigger some other observation i had knocking around.. thanks.
08-22-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
malinowski
Posts 19
Joined on 07-22-2007

Post #: 6
Post ID: 5084
Reply to: 5081
time alignment?
time alignment? why on earth have you got those horns aligned like that? I have a pair of the same marinelli horns.. 15" wide. stunningly pretty, solid birdseye with tad-2001's.. i'm not impressed at all. can't wait to put a tractrix or lecleach horn in their place. perfect? well, i just gave you two quick and inexpensive ways to take things to another level. *"You've only just begun" by the Carpenters chimes in the background* welcome to the club Jordi.. but kid yourself that you've "arrived", there's still more.. and more.. and more.. you can do still.
08-22-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Wojtek
Pinckney (MI), United States
Posts 158
Joined on 09-01-2005

Post #: 7
Post ID: 5087
Reply to: 5084
K-horn mid bass sucks and no upper horn will correct it
I liked your previous post . A week ago I repaired old Telefunken tube radio (Single EL84 with array of alnico speakers ) with FM band and I'm listening to classical public radio for whole week. Not even once I had desire to turn on "big" system I'm seriously considering hooking up TT to that radio .Regards, Wojtek

PS I'm glad that it's not Romy's post so I can brag out of topic again hehehe 0) but the truth is I HAVE the best K-Horn setup in the Universe  and I only took the telefunken Radio with original tubes and properly aged coupling caps  to beat it.
08-22-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
drdna
San Francisco, California
Posts 496
Joined on 10-29-2005

Post #: 8
Post ID: 5088
Reply to: 5081
Nice pictures of your system
Jordi,

The pictures of your system are very revealing.  I would say if the sound you are getting makes you happy then more power to you.  I would not worry about what others say about how to "improve things" as that is the path of the audiophile upgrader, which never ends.  Just enjoy your music.
08-23-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat


Boston, MA
Posts 9,515
Joined on 05-28-2004

Post #: 9
Post ID: 5089
Reply to: 5081
K-Horns, the “secret” and the evolution.


 Jordi wrote:
The secret is the K-Horns with ALL the mods!!! If you heard it you wouild know what I'm talking about! .

The K-Horns were Klipsch’s attempt to do something more or less reasonably sounding.  They were doing K-Horns for tens and tens years I believe starting in mid of 40’s with this design. In end of 40s Vitavox made the K-Horn replica with their CN191 system, using better drivers and getting rid of tweeter.

The K-Horns were a strange fruit. I never had them, heard a few time though. The Klipsch always had problem with drivers. In the K-Horns the phenolic tweeters were made for Klipsch by Electro-Voice and I believe they sourced the MF drivers from somewhere ealse. I think the MF driver were phenolic as well. I know nothing about their bass units. The phenolic MF and tweeters shell be quite soft with quite transient challenge – it would be nice to drive them with a “brutal” electronics, preferably with very lightly loading anodes…. Unfortunately the only K-Horns that I heard were driven by garbage electronics…

The K-Horns are very much not comply with my view of “proper horns” or “interesting horns” but I presume that it a K-Horns installation is made sensibly and if the rooms accidentally comply with the motives of the corner-loading then a K-Horns  setup might be OK.

I certainly do not know the “secret” in the K-Horns and nothing about their modes, nor did I hear the moded K-Horns. If you wish you might tell about your modifications. What I would be interested to know is not what exactly you did with your K-Horns but rather what dissatisfied you initially in the default K-Horns Sound and HOW you get from there to the Sound that made you more comfortable. In particularly I would be interested to learn how you correlated your subjective dissatisfactions with the actual modifications that you inflicted on that speaker.

BTW, Jordi what kind music you play on those K-Horns?

Rgs, Romy the Cat


"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
08-24-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
drdna
San Francisco, California
Posts 496
Joined on 10-29-2005

Post #: 10
Post ID: 5094
Reply to: 5089
interesting modifications
When I have heard the K-horns, they sound kind of soft and warm, making pleasant "old fashioned" vacuum tubey sounds.  I am just guessing here, but the Beyma speakers have a very forward punchy sound much liked in professional monitors and car audio, so this may be an attempt to compensate for the K-horns shortcomings.  Further, the silver wiring will definitely add that abrasive quality and some artificial kind of overetched accuracy to the sound.  I bet the end result is a very colorful lively sound, but it is mostly adding additional distortions to compensate for a system that initially has some deficits.  It probably all balances out to a nice warm but detailed sound, but really probably very untrue to the original musical source.
08-24-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Jordi
Posts 5
Joined on 08-23-2007

Post #: 11
Post ID: 5103
Reply to: 5089
BTW, Jordi what kind music you play on those K-Horns?

I am sorry that it took me so long to respond to yours and many other questions here but unlike most of the people who have the time to post here because they are unemployed, I have a DAY JOB and have to WORK for a living. This is not a value judgment by any means, but a conclusion based on observation.

To answer your question, this is like asking a man who drinks water what kind of water does he like to drink!  There are so many kinds of water that this is impossible to begin to describe.  For simplicity I will try to limit what I listen to to some of my favorite composers if this is of any help to you.  I am a great fan of the works of in no particular order Benjamin Britten, Johann Strauss, Rachmaninoff, Chopin, Grieg,Brahms, Sergei Prokofiev, Dvorák, Haydn, Robert Schumann, Arthur Honegger,Tchaikovsky, Aram Khachaturian, Bruckner, Weber, Mussorgsky etc etc etc!!!!!!

I also have a very soft spot in my heart for the great Hungarian composers including the stupidly underrated Zsigmond Szathmáry, Kodály, Bela Bartok, Paul Abraham and Ferenc Farkas, particularly in his unique interpretations/utilization of Schoenberg’s dodecaphonic techniques, and Vincent Adler (although finding someone to properly to interpret his virtuosic compositions and pianistic muse is VERY difficult.

This does not mean that I listen exclusively to classical but I listen to it quite often however do not limit myself to it by any means and for very good reason. I will explain.

Let us take the example of piano. When speaking of virtuosity, many classical-only listeners who listen to Sviatoslav Richter, Josef Hofman, Busoni or Paderewski for example, and who think that these classical pianists are the last word in pianistic virtuosity are SADLY MISTAKEN.  In fact nothing could be further from the truth.  Believe me when I say this as I graduated with honors in composition and performance from The Juillard School.

If you are a limited only to classical listener who doesn’t just sit there drooling while following the notes with a stupid look on this face and instead decides to compare what he’s heard contextually with, to take a simple view, the contrapuntal coalescence of a great jazz pianist like Lenny Tristano or Thelonius Monk who understand meter and modal shift and tonal subtlety on a level that someone like Richter for example could only dream of, then you will have come to an understanding about music and its performance intricacies that few who listen ONLY to classical music will ever attain in his lifetime.

08-24-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat


Boston, MA
Posts 9,515
Joined on 05-28-2004

Post #: 12
Post ID: 5104
Reply to: 5103
Thank you.

 Jordi wrote:
I am sorry that it took me so long to respond to yours and many other questions here but unlike most of the people who have the time to post here because they are unemployed, I have a DAY JOB and have to WORK for a living. This is not a value judgment by any means, but a conclusion based on observation.

I think I need to rename my site into GoodWelfareClub.come….. Yes, most of the posters in here are chronically unemployed, also paralyzed and deaf…. They remain in a permanent coma and come back once per day just to post at this site….

 Jordi wrote:
To answer your question, this is like asking a man who drinks water what kind of water does he like to drink!  There are so many kinds of water that this is impossible to begin to describe.  For simplicity I will try to limit what I listen to to some of my favorite composers if this is of any help to you.  I am a great fan of the works of in no particular order Benjamin Britten, Johann Strauss, Rachmaninoff, Chopin, Grieg,Brahms, Sergei Prokofiev, Dvorák, Haydn, Robert Schumann, Arthur Honegger,Tchaikovsky, Aram Khachaturian, Bruckner, Weber, Mussorgsky etc etc etc!!!!!!

I also have a very soft spot in my heart for the great Hungarian composers including the stupidly underrated Zsigmond Szathmáry, Kodály, Bela Bartok, Paul Abraham and Ferenc Farkas, particularly in his unique interpretations/utilization of Schoenberg’s dodecaphonic techniques, and Vincent Adler (although finding someone to properly to interpret his virtuosic compositions and pianistic muse is VERY difficult.
This does not mean that I listen exclusively to classical but I listen to it quite often however do not limit myself to it by any means and for very good reason. I will explain.

Let us take the example of piano. When speaking of virtuosity, many classical-only listeners who listen to Sviatoslav Richter, Josef Hofman, Busoni or Paderewski for example, and who think that these classical pianists are the last word in pianistic virtuosity are SADLY MISTAKEN.  In fact nothing could be further from the truth.  Believe me when I say this as I graduated with honors in composition and performance from The Juillard School.
If you are a limited only to classical listener who doesn’t just sit there drooling while following the notes with a stupid look on this face and instead decides to compare what he’s heard contextually with, to take a simple view, the contrapuntal coalescence of a great jazz pianist like Lenny Tristano or Thelonius Monk who understand meter and modal shift and tonal subtlety on a level that someone like Richter for example could only dream of, then you will have come to an understanding about music and its performance intricacies that few who listen ONLY to classical music will ever attain in his lifetime.

Thank you. My question was not to check your hydration method but to make sure that you do not talk about Audio in context some kind of Deep Purple, Pink Florid or ACDC music.

Rgs, the Cat


"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
08-24-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
yoshi
Jefferson (MA), United States
Posts 69
Joined on 05-04-2005

Post #: 13
Post ID: 5105
Reply to: 5104
Oh, no! That's me!
Jordi:

As another paralyzed (I have a problem in my leg), deaf (problem in my left ear), coma (I take a downer everyday for my anxiety problem) and nearly unemployed (my 2 self-employed business barely covers our household expenses along with the tuition of my 2 kids in college), I'd like to see your response to Romy's other question.  The motivation behind the K-horn mod.  Now, knowing your back ground in music and the kind of music you listen to, it might be very interesting to hear why and what kind of mod you went through in the context of your music.  First, I thought you are just another "Kamikaze" wacko, but I may actually learn something if you explain us the pass you went through.  My main music was jazz for over 35 years, so I guess I can relate to whatever the subject in that context.

Now I'll be patient since I know you have a DAY JOB!

Yoshi
08-26-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Paul S
San Diego, California, USA
Posts 2,138
Joined on 10-12-2006

Post #: 14
Post ID: 5131
Reply to: 5103
Where's Michael K. when we need him?
Wouldn't you know it, Jordi has to work weekends, too, and it can only make it tougher for him that the rest of us seem to have nothing but free time, stupid ideas and bad attitudes.

Meantime, while $100s burned in my waste basket, I ran across an amazing parallel universe, sort of a Bizarro Goodsound Club, called "Audio Review".

I think Jordi should be glad he posted here instead of there because there were a couple of posts there by a Michael Klementovich that are remarkably similar to Jordi's posts on this site, and those Audio Review savages just... savaged those "reviews", giving the poor MK fellow's well-reasoned and heart-felt observations a measly 1 out of 5 (Klipsch orns) and 1.85 out of 5 (Quad 988s).  2.85 out of 10?!?  Come on, you guys!

As far as I'm concerned, that's another good reason to stay well clear of those shit holes!

Jordi, I want to be sure you understand that your bursting in with that proclamation was in no way taken as a suicide bombing, despite Yoshi's jocular reference to this  (that Yoshi, heh, heh...).

You respond when you're darned good and ready, Jordi.

We'll keep the light on for you.

Best regards,
Paul S
08-27-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
drdna
San Francisco, California
Posts 496
Joined on 10-29-2005

Post #: 15
Post ID: 5132
Reply to: 5131
Over the top
Paul,

That's a extensive website at which you pointed your browser.  You DO have too much time on your hands.  Wink
I hope Jordi didn't take our good natured ribbing the wrong way...
08-28-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Jordi
Posts 5
Joined on 08-23-2007

Post #: 16
Post ID: 5154
Reply to: 5132
Last reply from me... unfortuatnaly!

I have not been able to respond to all your questions until now because I was infected by a trojan on this site several days ago.  It SUCKS having this happene because it takes radical hours of time to track this crapware down through the windows tree and in the mentime you get NOTHING DONE.

I got this infection while reading posts on the Playback Listening page, Musician’s ear thread.  My antivirus program alerted me with a pop up that a trojan was being downloaded.  The program did NOT stop the infection.  Since this was the ONLY WINDOW OPEN open at the time, it is where the infection occurded.  After running a scan, I learned the details of this trojan:

Object name: systemwin.exe
Object path: C\
Discovery: Trojan horse PSW.Generic5.GOY

Here is more information about this trojan:

Spyware PSW.Lmir.ga Information
Name: Trojan.PSW.Lmir.gaCategory: Password CapturerDate: 2004-02-05Dangerous: Yes
Trojan.PSW.Lmir.ga is one of Password Capturer spywares.
Finding it on your computer means that your computer is infected with Password Capturer and crucial data could be endangered or even lost.
This Password Capturer is also known as:
•Trojan Horse - named by Panda.
• Win32.Lemir.N - named by Computer Associates.
• Win32/Lemir!PWS!Trojan - named by Computer Associates.
• Win32/Lemir.N!Trojan - named by Computer Associates.

The exe was sitting in the DirectX folder.  I rebooted in safe mode and deleted the exe.  Unfortunately though due to the fact that this trojan is sitting on the goodsoundclub site, I can not afford the time or the aggravation to visit again. Please do not ask me any more details about it because I have listed them all and beside, I do not want to come to this site again and risk reinfection ever again unless the webmaster can get it OFF THIS SITE! Best of luck to you all who stays behind!

08-28-2007 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat


Boston, MA
Posts 9,515
Joined on 05-28-2004

Post #: 17
Post ID: 5155
Reply to: 5154
It is not as unfortunate as you wish make it to look.

 Jordi wrote:
I have not been able to respond to all your questions until now because I was infected by a trojan on this site several days ago.  It SUCKS having this happene because it takes radical hours of time to track this crapware down through the windows tree and in the mentime you get NOTHING DONE.
Actually you did not response to my question because different reasons. Let keep the reasons as your “little dirty secret” and let me to pretend that I do not know it… Anyhow let's address the problem is your virus first.
 Jordi wrote:
I got this infection while reading posts on the Playback Listening page, Musician’s ear thread.  My antivirus program alerted me with a pop up that a trojan was being downloaded.  The program did NOT stop the infection.  Since this was the ONLY WINDOW OPEN open at the time, it is where the infection occurded.  After running a scan, I learned the details of this trojan:
Object name: systemwin.exe
Object path: C\
Discovery: Trojan horse PSW.Generic5.GOY
Here is more information about this trojan:
Spyware PSW.Lmir.ga Information
Name: Trojan.PSW.Lmir.gaCategory: Password CapturerDate: 2004-02-05Dangerous: Yes
Trojan.PSW.Lmir.ga is one of Password Capturer spywares.
Finding it on your computer means that your computer is infected with Password Capturer and crucial data could be endangered or even lost.
This Password Capturer is also known as:
•Trojan Horse - named by Panda.
• Win32.Lemir.N - named by Computer Associates.
• Win32/Lemir!PWS!Trojan - named by Computer Associates.
• Win32/Lemir.N!Trojan - named by Computer Associates.

Well, Jordi, being at software engineer, I’m accepting it as a quite serious accusation toward to my site, and since I personally responsible for my side, then toward to me. I do not find it unlikely - I find it absolutely impossible that you were able to get a virus from my web server. All applications that are running on my Web server where written by me and I know each single line of the code which is being executed there. Some, theird party components that I use, are very well regarded in software community and might not be a source for any problems, not to mention that I used them countless times for my clients.  There are absolutely no menacing code or menacing intentions ever where implemented within my site. There are no installable objects that might be loaded to the user browser; not “push” techniques used,  there are no active script injections or anything else which might be even potentially dangerous for a visitor. None! Zero!

The web server is also secured. The web server machine is behind a physical firewall with the only one port 80 opened. It runs IS5 on W2K Advanced Sever with all latest updates from Microsoft. No one besides me has an access to the server and I hardly doubt that a visitor is capable to upload anything menacing. The only uploading which is allowed from IIS might be done via 2 image uploading utilities, both of them accepts only images. Even the body of the visitor posts can’t contain any injection script as I have implemented a long time ago a code that would kill it.

Furthermore, after reading your post I installed on my web server the Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition (that is running in the rest of my network), got the latest updates and scanned all drives of my web server. Of course I found nothing. I ran some intrusion detection packaged and some anti-worms-Trojan-zombies-Spyware tools, nothing was found.  Why do you think I would need a virus sitting on my Web server if I personally access my website sometimes dozens times per day, using my site pretty much as my public notebook?  I did not see any viruses, nor anyone else ever a report any suspicious activities on my website...

So, I sincerely feel that your accusations are not warranted; at least I do not see any rational for myself to worry and to conduct more looking. Anyhow, if anyone, ever detect any unconventional, virus-like behavior (Hey, we run Microsoft!) that might be associated with my site then please inform me. By the way, why I ask people to inform me and why I reject your Jordi “attempt” to inform me? Read my further explanations.

 Jordi wrote:
The exe was sitting in the DirectX folder.  I rebooted in safe mode and deleted the exe.  Unfortunately though due to the fact that this trojan is sitting on the goodsoundclub site, I can not afford the time or the aggravation to visit again. Please do not ask at software engineer any more details about it because I have listed them all and beside, I do not want to come to this site again and risk reinfection ever again unless the webmaster can get it OFF THIS SITE! Best of luck to you all who stays behind!
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing, Jordi. There is no DirectX folder at goodsoundclub domain and there are no executables available for downloading. Besides if somebody did offer you to download an executable file from a site during your transactional browsing then you should be a complete fool allowing doing so. Anyhow, you shared with me your “little knowledge” about my site, let me to explain to you how actually you did get your virus (if you did in fact). Not particularly because I am willing to help you but because the unfortunate little knowledge is the source for big and damn accusations…

You made 5 posts at this site and all of them came from different IP address. The geography of those addresses however is very fascinating: Saudi Arabia, Belarus, Denver, Peru and Poland. Unless you are an air pilot then you have a hell of a lot traveling to do with your computer and than I understand why you were do busy during your “day-time job”.  I do not know how you were able to fight with your home infested PC in Bethlehem Pennsylvania and at the same time to make a post from:

Network of Coditel Internet Corporation (9212.76.224.165) that is located according to my log file in Belgium, Brussels (Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest).

So, the only plausible explanation would be that visiting my site you used proxy services. We, what was your motivation to hide yourself behind an anonymous proxy service I do not know – I do not care – what you say is an indication what you are and it is what maters. However, there is a minor technical aspect in this story. My site in order to post (pretty much as any other site out there) requires enabling a java script (to use the java-script-driven textbox editor). Here is your “anonymity” played with you a bad game. The web-based proxy services are notoriously dangers as they appending your HTTP request and your response object with any crap you might imagine… It happens that know the anonymous proxies well as I use them for year at AA, and I have witnesses multiple times very menacing actions from web proxies. If I use them I use a lot of attention and knowledge about what I VERY selectively allow them run java-script in my browser. BTW, if I was you and considering that you are a pilot-musician but not a software person and since you hardly know what you do with computers then I would not risk using java-script allowed web-based anonymous proxies with your IE6 browser – it is quite vulnerable browser.

So, Jordi where is brings us. You accusations about a virus at my site are fantasies, or perhaps the accusations are your demonstration of the “special intention”. If you are not wiling to post here then it is fine, you did not post anything that I found stimulating for myself anyhow. If you still intend to post or visit this site then you might do so, but please do not use trickery as they 1) Unnecessary, 2) Will backfire to yourself. I did extend you all courtesy at this site and have extended you all credits; waiting when you will make yourself to look ridicules… it did not took long.

I intentionally do not move your post and my reply to the site’s support forum as it has nothing to do with site but rather it has a lot of to do with YOU. Have a good evening…

Romy the Cat

PS: BTW, I just run some queries. Your post from on 8/24/2007 7:10:00 PM was made from 152.31.229.186 that belongs: Chase, United States, North Carolina Research and Education Network. I do not think any further comments are necessary:

http://www.google.com/search?q=152.31.229.186

I hate to be right... again...


"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Page 1 of 1 (17 items) Select Pages: 
   Target    Threads for related reading   Most recent post in related threads   Forum  Replies   Views   Started 
  »  New  Has anyone built the DIY Melquiades amp??..  You did not reply what music you are listening….....  Melquiades Amplifier  Forum     2  23832  08-24-2007
Home Page  |  Last 24Hours  | Search  |  SiteMap  | Questions or Problems | Copyright Note
The content of all messages within the Forums Copyright © by authors of the posts