| Search | Login/Register
   Home » Playback Listening » Rejection of non-natural sounds. (4 posts, 1 page)
  Print Thread | 1st Post |  
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) Select Pages: 
   Target    Threads for related reading   Most recent post in related threads   Forum  Replies   Views   Started 
  »  New  The “sounds” that I am looking for...  Attitudes and results...  Playback Listening  Forum     5  28509  05-19-2008
  »  New  A playback and wrong notes...  Why is it not common practice?...  Playback Listening  Forum     5  38190  03-12-2007
  »  New  About the Critical Audio Tune ™..  “Critical Audio Tune” bay-leave in the soup......  Playback Listening  Forum     5  33433  08-29-2009
  »  New  The elusive “absolute tone”...  Breeze......  Playback Listening  Forum     24  156204  07-28-2005
03-15-2011 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat

Boston, MA
Posts 9,540
Joined on 05-28-2004

Post #: 1
Post ID: 15779
Reply to: 15779
Rejection of non-natural sounds.
fiogf49gjkf0d
This is my old worst-keep secret. I did mention it somewhere but recently I reached with my playback a new level of this effect, so I will point it out in a dedicated thread.

A playback reproduces some kind of sounds. Better playback are capable for better “Absolute Tone” ™ and the sound that they do are more dignified. No one would argue with it I guess.

However, there is twist in it. Sometimes playback plays bad sounds. I mean some kind of synthesed electronic sounds or those horrible pop/rock singers. I very much not argue the music taste I am just taking about a selection of different sounds. So, my thesis is that the more advance playback shall make bad sounds to sound worst, I mean not only worst but revoltingly horrible, or in fact how it is in reality.

My observations indicate something that I compile into of my rule of “Tonal Intelligence”.  The Tonal Intelligence law states: the beautification of good sounds and degeneration of bad sounds is the very SAME characteristics of playback.

Rgs, Romy the Cat

"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
03-17-2011 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Amir
Iran Tehran
Posts 158
Joined on 02-11-2009

Post #: 2
Post ID: 15785
Reply to: 15779
Good playback
fiogf49gjkf0d
here you wrote : "more advance playback shall make bad sounds to sound worst"

at http://www.goodsoundclub.com/Playback/MyPlayback.aspx you wrote :

"Basically it boils down to the fact that a playback system should filter out "bad" music, poor interpretations, weak thinking and present them with a negative sonic radicalism using all possible means of human-machine interaction to make a listener turn away from listening to what s/he should not listen."

It seems there is alittle Incoherence between these two description from good playback.
please explain it.
03-17-2011 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Romy the Cat

Boston, MA
Posts 9,540
Joined on 05-28-2004

Post #: 3
Post ID: 15786
Reply to: 15785
Inconsistency?
fiogf49gjkf0d
There is no incoherency of any kind; instead the said was absolutely the same thing. Making “bad sounds to sound worst” is the very identical to “using all means to make a listener turn away”. It is a bit irony that you find some kind of “inconsistency”. It is also ironic that you, perhaps not realizing it, are looking for inconsistency in the direction which is very much a foundation of my audio interest.

The Cat

"I wish I could score everything for horns." - Richard Wagner. "Our writing equipment takes part in the forming of our thoughts." - Friedrich Nietzsche
04-01-2011 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
steverino
Posts 302
Joined on 05-23-2009

Post #: 4
Post ID: 15920
Reply to: 15786
Agree with Romy
fiogf49gjkf0d
Amir,

You are just not reading and thinking about it carefully enough. The only point of Romy's that I might have some slight question is that a great system can make a beautifully recorded second rate (not bad) performance sound satisfactory enough to listen to rather than repulse you whereas on a lesser system the performance may be less compelling. But I agree that an outright poor performance will be even more glaringly revealed by a great system and that the difference between the first rate and second rate performance will be easier to describe.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) Select Pages: 
   Target    Threads for related reading   Most recent post in related threads   Forum  Replies   Views   Started 
  »  New  The “sounds” that I am looking for...  Attitudes and results...  Playback Listening  Forum     5  28509  05-19-2008
  »  New  A playback and wrong notes...  Why is it not common practice?...  Playback Listening  Forum     5  38190  03-12-2007
  »  New  About the Critical Audio Tune ™..  “Critical Audio Tune” bay-leave in the soup......  Playback Listening  Forum     5  33433  08-29-2009
  »  New  The elusive “absolute tone”...  Breeze......  Playback Listening  Forum     24  156204  07-28-2005
Home Page  |  Last 24Hours  | Search  |  SiteMap  | Questions or Problems | Copyright Note
The content of all messages within the Forums Copyright © by authors of the posts