Rerurn to Romy the Cat's Site
In the Forum: Off Air Audio
In the Thread: Is anybody live in Australia with a tuner and an interest?
Post Subject: "...there is so much good quality broadcast material ...'Posted by Romy the Cat on: 9/19/2008
| peter foster wrote:|
|Dear Romy, it is possible. I would need to obtain some cables to make the connection between my Sansui TU-X1 and Lavry Blue ADC. Also, I do not have access yet to broadband so till then recordings could be to CDR and then I could post them to you. Up till now I have not felt the need to record the broadcasts because there is so much good quality broadcast material on our two classical stations being 105.9 and 103.5 that I can just tune in to whatever is being broadcast or play from my own catalog of CDs. I would need some information from you, such as: -
1. Tell me how you are connecting your TU-X1 with your Lavry Gold ADC and some pictures would be helpful.
2. Tell me what settings you would want on the TU-X1.
3. Tell me what settings you would want on the Lavry Blue.
Then I can obtain the cables and we can do a test to see what results are achieved.
Peter, it would be great if you get involved into the FM recording BUT you need to do it for your own interest, not for the sake of somebody ask, for the sake of audio interest or for any other motivations. I know this feeling:” felt the need to record the broadcasts because there is so much good quality broadcast material … that I can just tune in to whatever is being broadcast”. However, right along with the broadcast sometimes slip absolutely unique and amassing performances that never will be repeated and never will be published. That is what I am after. I do not collect music, I collect events and I feel that live FM broadcasts are a wonderful opportunity to have access to the events of interests. So, if you feel that the even you can get access via. FM are worthy for YOU to preserve then here is some of my thought about the recording techniques.
1) If you wish to make very minor and easy tweaks on you TU-X1 then it will be useful. Let me know and I will make short list.
2) I drive my preamp with one of the TU-X1’s output and another TU-X1’s output drives the RCA to XLR cable and then plugged into my ADC. If you do not have the RCA-XLR cable then you can make it your or but an RCA-XLR adaptor.
3) I record in 88/24. You might record in whatever format you wish but I would stay at minimum 20 bit. Evan the 44.1/20 is good enough. If you have a hard disc space (1sec = 1meg) then I would stay with 88K and 22-24 bit. With FM record you will be way above what CD can handle…
4) I record the whole broadcasts – with anointments, applauding, interviews and so on – the whole experience…
5) You would need some good recording software. I you wish to try I mish send you a copy of VaveLab5.
6) Eavns if you bite it then you would need a dedicated mashie with good quality I/0 to drive your Lavry. The Cat
Rerurn to Romy the Cat's Site