| Search | Login/Register
   Home » Didital Things » Windows Based Transport: A quiet and capable Source? (44 posts, 3 pages)
  Print Thread | 1st Post |  
Page 3 of 3 (44 items) Select Pages:  « 1 2 3
   Target    Threads for related reading   Most recent post in related threads   Forum  Replies   Views   Started 
  »  New  Memory Player Box?..  Maybe I will not order the Pure Teflon capacitors after...  Didital Things  Forum     2  30301  11-03-2011
  »  New  High Quality Music Server / CD player..  Can you burn CD from Spotify?...  Didital Things  Forum     161  638894  09-14-2008
11-03-2011 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
item
Posts 14
Joined on 11-02-2011

Post #: 41
Post ID: 17323
Reply to: 17322
Mmmm . . . experiment
fiogf49gjkf0d
A fine experiment to try . . . can I suggest a checksum as well as an audition? It's not an entirely fair fight, though . . . the ripper has the luxury of time and verification.
04-11-2018 Post does not mapped to Knowledge Tree
Amir
Iran
Posts 143
Joined on 02-11-2009

Post #: 42
Post ID: 24801
Reply to: 17323
Ripping a CD
if ripping data is different to CD Transport streaming data then no audio files could sound better than CD Transport.I found no useful data to explain me why ripping by computer CD Rom could not get all stored data from CD!

I Love My Mom
Amir
Iran
Posts 143
Joined on 02-11-2009

Post #: 43
Post ID: 24802
Reply to: 24801
Capture Transport Data by PC
I can not convince myself that "Transport reads data as apple and CD rom reads data as orange". if I have seen this claim in another forum then I could not believe it .
we know EAC and dbpoweramp and other secure audio cd ripping softwares have CRC codes.if you (and other people across the world) rip Pink Floyd album with dbpoweramp then you will find over 10000 people around the world ripped that album with exact the same CRC codes.it means the ripped files is exactly the same over the world because all CRC codes are equal.
if we believe cdplayer read different then we should believe Sony/philips do not let cd roms to decode audio perfectly. I think it is possible but I hardly believe it.
the only way to find the trust is to connecting CEC TL0-X output to PC and capture incoming data and storing in wav format then comparing it with ripped wav file.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kees_Schouhamer_Immink
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_Disc_Digital_Audio

"The Red Book specifies the physical parameters and properties of the CD, the optical "stylus" parameters, deviations and error rate, modulation system (eight-to-fourteen modulation, EFM) and error correction facility (cross-interleaved Reed–Solomon coding, CIRC), and the eight subcode channels. These parameters are common to all compact discs and used by all logical formats, such as CD-ROM.  "

I Love My Mom
Paul S
San Diego, California, USA
Posts 2,130
Joined on 10-12-2006

Post #: 44
Post ID: 24803
Reply to: 24802
"Digital Sound"
Amir, I am a long way from understanding the digital audio chains or how they interact, and how each transition affects sound I can get at home.  The biggest reason I have only "invested" in CD so far is because this has been the only digital source I have heard "promising" sound from.  I look forward to hearing good music from streaming sources, and I will also share here if it ever happens.

Best regards,
Paul S
Page 3 of 3 (44 items) Select Pages:  « 1 2 3
   Target    Threads for related reading   Most recent post in related threads   Forum  Replies   Views   Started 
  »  New  Memory Player Box?..  Maybe I will not order the Pure Teflon capacitors after...  Didital Things  Forum     2  30301  11-03-2011
  »  New  High Quality Music Server / CD player..  Can you burn CD from Spotify?...  Didital Things  Forum     161  638894  09-14-2008
Home Page  |  Last 24Hours  | Search  |  SiteMap  | Questions or Problems | Copyright Note
The content of all messages within the Forums Copyright © by authors of the posts